Objective-C, the object-oriented language
Objective-C is a object-oriented programming language. It is an extension of C, like C++. Currently, Objective-C is used in Apple‘s operating systems: macOS and iOS.
Using the Apple development language
Since the launch of the iPhone in 2007 and the Apple Store, Objective-C has established itself as the main programming language for iPhone and iPad mobile applications. Although its syntax is not easy to use (especially for beginners), Objective-C offers a powerful object-oriented programming language. This language also offers other features that help in the development process of applications such as: categories, dynamic typing, sending messages between objects, automatic garbage collection
The strengths of Objective-C
- Object-oriented language that offers a feature like sending messages between objects (a feature from Smalltalk).
- Category usage: a category is the part of a class that is taken separately, to keep the class compact and for a specific purpose, in order to provide additional functionality
- Object introspection is simple
- The language offers the dynamic run-time (allows to create classes in a dynamic way, to add methods to an existing class dynamically, to change the method implementation ….)
- Automatic garbage collector has its own process that runs together with the application code
- Easy to use dynamic typing
Tekoway, mobile technology web agency in Marseille
Our mobile expertise for you
We accompany you, advise you, and develop your customized projet SUR-MESURE for you. We adapt to your business and your ideas! Find the technology that best meets your needs for your mobile project with Tekoway.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions about a project, technologies, or a quote request !
Tekoway web technology agency in Marseille for you.